Monday 27 August 2012

Kathryn


This is my friend Kathryn who got married 8 days ago! Her wedding was on the last day of my first cycle so you can imagine how excited I was when I realized I would be able to attend her wedding. I love this girl; not only is she stunningly beautiful on the outside but she has a heart of gold, a faith of a champ, and a personality that makes you feel brilliant & beautiful. She also promised to come and visit me soon so I decided to currently write that on my blog so that people will read it and she can't back out of it!

The first time I met Kathryn was when she came to my house for bible study two years ago. At the time we had a small group of 8 people and the other 7 of us had been together for a couple of weeks. We were still in my living room at the time (my family has since built a sunroom and we've moved into there) so there weren't enough seats for all of us and because Kathryn was new she got lost on the way and was sitting on the floor beside me. I don't remember at all what our conversations and study were about although I'm sure they were awkward and forced considering none of us knew each other very well at the time but towards the end of the night a giant spider crawled out from underneath one of the couches towards Kathryn and I and she screamed so loud I think I jumped a foot in the air. I then reached for the book we were studying at the time, screamed again, and squashed the fuzzy bug right beside her. When I looked up she had the worst face of disgust on her and I thought to myself, "she's never coming back". Lord behold, she came back every week for two years and that ugly spider was just the beginning of a beautiful friendship. She's now moved back to Vancouver to begin her life with her perfect-pair Joseph but I'm certain more beautiful things will continue to come from both of them in the years to come.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment