Tuesday 21 August 2012

Green brush vs. Green brush

I'm feeling more like myself today so thank you everyone for all of your prayers! 
Yesterday was a pretty good day too but I experienced one of the weirdest side effects chemotherapy can have. It's called "chemo brain" and ultimately it's just forgetfulness. Anyhoo -- this post is going to be short and sweet (like me hehehe). I had some friends over for dinner yesterday and we were talking about different stories and all sorts of fun things and sometimes my friends will tell me stories from earlier in the day or a couple days ago and I will have completely no idea what they're talking about but I'll just pretend I know what they're talking about when really I don't remember the events at all. Sometimes I get away with it but I'm awful at hiding things so usually half-way through the story my friends will realize that I don't remember what happened and then they'll fill me in with what I said or did and I must admit that I sound like I'd be a pretty funny person -- I think I'd want to be friends with myself if I weren't myself. 
Anyways, this exchange of stories and cover-ups was happening last during dinner and it was a fun meal but after dinner I decided to brush my teeth! So, I went to the washroom and I looked at the two tooth-brushes in their holders, one turquoise and one lime green, and I couldn't for my life remember which one was mine. I figured I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right so I picked up the lime green one and humbly walked to the kitchen to ask my sister, in front of all my friends, if the brush in my hand was mine. There wasn't really anything to do about the situation but either cry or laugh, thankfully we laughed... and then I went and brushed my teeth with the lime green toothbrush :)

No comments:

Post a Comment