Tuesday 21 August 2012

positive notes

I woke up feeling a lot better than expected today. Three weeks ago today, after my first chemo session, I was hooked up to an IV all day having liquids and anti-nauseau medication pumped into me after a long morning of keeping nothing down and a night of feeling yucky and upside-down. So, I must admit I was surprised when I woke up today and felt about as human as I can get.
I even started my first diy project today of starting my own fancy herb garden (pictures and instructions to follow if it works out) and created my own

DIY: yummy yummy hydrating energy drink
1 part ginger ale (shake it up and take out the gas so that your tummy won't hurt later
1 part fruit punch gatorade - for electrolytes
1 part orange juice - just to mix things up!

this has been good for me to drink after chemo because I don't have much of an appetite so just having plain water doesn't cut it for me. It's even better when it's cold because the fruity coldness makes me feel nice. Even if you're not in the middle of chemo, try it out you might like it as a cool summer drink :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great smile with that fruity drink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yummy! I'm excited to see your herb garden too!

    ReplyDelete