Tuesday 21 August 2012

just a thought...

"There are two days on my calendar: this day & that day" -Martin Luther

Martin Luther was probably partially thinking about Matthew 6:34 ("Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own") when he said this quote, and how much more correct could he be. As I fight my fight against cancer, this is the first time I've been learning not to worry about things, in the past I've usually allowed myself to worry about things with the excuse that I would one day learn to let them go -- maybe after I would have gained further control of these things, which would never have happened. However, God had different plans (as he usually does in comparison to mine). I am now beginning to learn what it means to not worry.
I wanted to share Martin Luther's quote with all of you because it has helped me gain some perspective in my life. There really are only two days that matter. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will worry about it self. Therefore, there is this day, today -- what will you do with it? and that day, the most important day, the day in the unforeseeable future when you will come face to face with your maker -- how will you prepare for it? And although I believe that that day is the most important, it is this day that matters most; because it is this day that will mend things from yesterday, create things for tomorrow, and prepare things for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment