Saturday 8 September 2012

hobbies & stuff

I've decided I officially hate having cancer. I went to see my oncologist a couple of days ago for my pre-chemo check up and I realized I misunderstood him during our first meeting and I will be have six chemo sessions instead of the four I thought I would be having. Furthermore, it's not just six sessions but a possible six to eight sessions (ugh, sigh, grr, bleck). Anyhoo, the reason why I hate cancer is not just because of having to go through chemotherapy but also because my memory is worse than ever, I get tired easily, I get too hot, I get too cold, food tastes bland, and I can't live my life the way I normally would. For example, I have compiled a list of a few things I missed out on during this summer due to my diagnosis:
-camp x3
-dressing up for the premier of Dark Knight Rises
-Adore in the park
-Canada day funitivities
-going to the lake (which in all fairness I probably would have gone maybe 5 times max anyways)
-doing my new testament class

Instead over the summer this is what I have accomplished in the 8 weeks since my diagnosis:
-finished 3 seasons of "Community" (that's right THREE)
-learned to do my make-up (which is actually pretty sweet. & big shout out to the cancer agency for hooking me up with the Look Good Feel Good campaign)
-started a blog (which was a new years resolution so that's actually pretty good too)
-planted a herb garden (in which the cilantro is growing... 1/3 not too shabby!)
-seen almost every 3-day release movie from the library (never been a goal of mine)
-finished the new Sophie Kinsella book, "I've got your number" (pretty good)
-started watching "Parks and Rec"

okay, these lists didn't help me prove my point... but cancer still sucks and I really like dressing up for movie premiers! If you haven't seen "Community" or "Parks and Rec" here are some links to my favourite clips, you can decide for yourself if either of them are worth your time -- hopefully one of them will be!

Parks and rec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYrv-FY-47M&feature=related

community
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06HtM0oUJkY




2 comments:

  1. Hey BG,
    Just saw your update :).

    Yah, Cancer is probably terrible. It was really great to see you though. I thought you were in high spirits! I love you BG!!
    I wish you all the best over the next few sessions. When do you find out how much the tumor has reduced by?

    Javi


    ReplyDelete
  2. Lies. You missed Adore in the Park because you were at Kathryn's wedding in Vancouver, not because you had cancer :P

    ReplyDelete