Friday 14 September 2012

just another day.



I've now had my 3rd treatment so I'm officially half way through my chemotherapy treatments (if everything goes as planned - pray it does). To be honest, I didn't think this journey was going to be so difficult. I've tried to take it one step at a time and one day at a time but every day seems like it's own frustrating journey that I have to trudge through to get to the next day. I think the most frustrating part is watching people's lives flourish around me while I feel like I'm going backwards in my own. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the people around me, but it's difficult to watch people have beautiful things happen all around them when you feel like you're stuck in a snow globe - just the same pieces of fake plastic floating around you in a different arrangement each day. I'm not angry about it, just bored and wishing it were over.

Anyhoo -- enough with the battitude. I posted a new song! It's from Brave, one of my favourite Disney princess movies (who am I kidding, I love them all) and she has long red hair... like me!... when I wear my long red wig :) It makes me happy because I feel like one day when my hair grows back and when it's long and brown I can dye it red, chase the wind, touch the sky, and re-enact this scene from the movie. I obviously will never actually re-enact this scene because (spoiler alert) I don't horse-back ride and I don't enjoy climbing to deathly heights but maybe one day I can go on a run and listen to it on my ipod and have the same feelings Merida had when she had her adventures in the movie.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEi43OrwoRs

2 comments:

  1. Hey BG,
    I know your life is on pause right now... and It's tough! Your right though!! Your half way through your treatment!!!! When this is all over I know you'll hit the ground running!
    Javi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BG!
    You inspire ME to be brave!
    Keep going, keep your head up, keep strong, keep leaning on God and keep us in the loop.
    We are praying for you!
    ~ Kirsten

    ReplyDelete