Thursday 13 December 2012

the post from the past.



When thinking of something to write today I decided to look at some of my drafts I hadn't posted yet and found this little number:

"I have my potential last treatment on Monday. EEK! Because of this, I've been thinking a lot about the things I want to do in the not-so-distant future. At the same time, one thing I can't help but think about is the possibility of my cancer returning while I'm in remission. This isn't so much a thought as it is a fear; I don't really know what the difference is. I know this is something silly to worry about because it's completely out of my control but no amount of words from friends, family, or even doctors can bring permanent comfort. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every bit of support and encouragement that everyone gives me and all of it is important to me and keeps me going on a daily basis. However, no amount of words people give me could possibly stick long enough to replace my fears with boldness and my internal strife with peace."


Reading this was honestly difficult to swallow because I felt like I somehow wanted to comfort this girl who was really just me a month ago. I don't know how much good it would have done though because I know how stubborn I can be with people. Still, I found this and wanted to share it with you because you may very well be in a place where you need comfort and peace. Therefore, whatever struggles you're encountering right now, I wanted to pass this verse onto you because I believe it can bring comfort that cannot be found anywhere else here on earth...

It's also a lovely verse to consider during the Christmas season :) 

For to us a child is born,

    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.

    And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

Spoiler alert, this verse was prophetic for Jesus. It was preparing the way for his ministry. So whatever you're encountering right now, know that in the middle of the struggle, pain, hurt, and discouragement, He can be your Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment