Thursday 20 December 2012

End of the World Confessions

So the Mayan calendar ends tomorrow and apparently so does the world. I don't personally believe this is true because of any of the following reasons, feel free to pick the one you want: 
Maybe the calendar resets 
Maybe the calendar maker got bored or retired or died
Maybe Europeans came and killed all the calendar makers and took over their land/pyramids
Maybe once you get to the end you're suppose to start going backwards again.
Maybe there was an earthquake and everyone freaked out and sacrificed the calendar maker to the gods

I really have no idea  if any of these even come close to making debatable arguments because I've never looked into them but just incase the world does end tomorrow I wanted to make some confessions.

1. There are a lot of children in our church that haven't grown a lot in the past few years. I don't know if you've ever seen "A Beautiful Mind" but (spoiler alert) the reason why Russel Crowe realizes he's schizophrenic is because there is a little girl in his life who never gets older no matter how much time goes by. Confession: every time I look at these children that haven't grown a lot in the past few years I think of "A Beautiful Mind" and wonder if I'm schizophrenic. Therefore, every time I look at these children I make sure to comment on how cute they are to my friends and if my friends comments back I know that these children are real and I'm not schizophrenic. 

2. Two weeks ago I dropped a makeup brush down my sink and I didn't know what to do so I just flushed water down it for three minutes.

3. One time when I was in grade 4 I went to Science World with  my class and bought stickers in the gift shop and then got home and realized there were two sticker sheets stuck together and I cried because I accidentally shoplifted. 

4. My most difficult bad habit to get over is my road rage. 

5. I like scary movies but stopped watching them two years ago because one of my mentors doesn't like me watching them. So if you asked me to go to a scary movie with you in the past two years and I told you I couldn't go it's not actually because I had homework, family dinner, had already seen it, or was too tired but because I'm trying not to watch scary movies anymore. 

6. 9/10 times I prefer for it to be raining and cold rather than hot and sunny. 

7. Every time I forget an appointment I think I might have early onset Alzheimer's and have a minor freak out in my head.

8. One time I was on the ferries going to Vancouver and someone forgot their weird philosophical religious book in the bathroom so I took out a piece of paper and wrote John 14:6 on it ("Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."), prayed over the paper and the book, and returned it to the lost and found.

9. If I had the option I would rather hit a cat with my car than a racoon or a squirrel (unless it were one of Debbie's cats, if it were Duchess though I'd still pick the racoon or squirrel... sorry Larissa).

10. I like Taylor Swift. I used to hate her but she's grown on me and now I can't help but love her "Red" CD.

Oh my goodness it feels so good to get those off of my chest. I suggest you do this with your friends or family as well. Finish off the world with a sense of freedom, either that or start the new year off fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment