Saturday 1 December 2012

Guest blogger: my mom.





I have been invited to enter a post on my daughter's blog and although I have so much to say, I do not know where to start. BG asked me to talk about my experiences more than about her, so I will try my best and hopefully this entry will be interesting to some readers.

Berenice's (BG's) diagnose came to me as a tsunami. The doctor said CANCER, TUMOR, CHEMOTHERAPY, RADIATION, SURGERY....and I strongly refused to believe it. I thought that doctor was crazy, and totally out of his mind, and how dare he say something so horrible to us. I was one hundred per cent sure that the doctor was wrong. It was impossible that my young, happy and healthy daughter could have developed something as monstrous as a tumor. I saw a huge mountain in front of us and all I could do was to cover my eyes and my ears and pray for the nightmare to end. I needed to wake up as soon as possible.

I did not cry in front of Bg, I tried to be strong and pretend everything would be okay; but, in all honesty, I was unsure. I did not know what to think, my fears were eating me alive and I did not know how to defend myself. I realized that this tsunami was rising not only with Berenice but with our whole family, our whole life. "GOD", I cried out loud, "Forgive me, I repent of any harm I have ever done to anyone, for any dark thought I have ever had,  but please help Berenice. I do not want to see her suffering, I do not want her to have to have surgery again or chemotherapy or radiation or anything, please God, save her from any pain". Then my mind took a turn and I started to pray for gratitude. I thanked God for all of the goodness in our lives, for all the years of being worry free, for all the experiences shared, for all the accomplishments and all the paths we walked together. That is all I manage to pray and then... the tsunami hit us, it came filled with cuts, and needles, and scars and drugs and side effects and tears and fears and a thousand prayers and above all ANGELS!!!! ANGELS who carried us high up to the top of the mountain, above the tsunami and storm. There were one thousand ANGELS who came by our side. It's impossible for me to name them all but I will name a few because I so much need to publish my gratitude, I so much need the world to know the power of prayer and support.  I would like to thank Pastor Andy  and Lisa for opening their hometo a big number of people to bring force to our prayers, Pastor Don and Pastor Evan for taking time out of their busy lives to come to Berenice's house to pray for her. To the very loyal, very selfless Larissa, Debbie and family, Emily, Shawna, Bekka and Betsy, Laura Liira; Katie Impett and her mom Anne; Tamar, Anja and Gudren, Chris Poynter, Rob and his wife Sherri; Kristy who continually cooked for BG, Kendra and her family, Devon and her family, Olivia, Angie, Liz, Ash, Greg, Jenn, Becky, Laura Morrison, Javier Alvarez,  Diana Varela and so many more people! Too many to mention them all.  I especially want to thanks all the people who participated on the lantern making and Lymphoma Walk for support. I want to thank the great support we received from our dear family and friends from near and far.
Their prayers and constant reassurance was immeasurable. But above all I want to
thank the Lord for all the beautiful people we have had the chance
to meet in our life. A Hearty Blessing to all of you and thank you once more for
keeping us afloat. 

Thank you for reading

1 comment:

  1. Que maravilloso texto!!, Seguramente, BG herdó algo de su fuerza, coraje y compasión de su incredible madre! Usted es un gran ejemplo para todos nosotros! una madre maravillosa, extremadamente cariñosa y lleno de amor

    ReplyDelete