Tuesday 2 October 2012

Laura

First of all, this is about a month overdue. BUT my friend Laura Silletta (now Liira) got married a month ago and she is the best! I've always looked up to her because she's passionate, hard-working, and assertive (which you may not see as a good quality but I can state from experience it's almost impossibly to be an assertive girl without being seen as a total cow - which Laura does marvellously!).
Not only is Laura a strong woman of God but also a fierce warrior for God. One of the things I admire most about Laura is how she works so hard not for herself but for others. Every year she puts on a teen girls conference at Glad Tidings where she not only lifts up pre-teen and teen girls but also the leaders that serve at the event! She has also had connect groups for Adore women and City Youth girls, talked at Imadene for numerous summers, been a camp counsellor at other summer camps, and been loyal to all her friends. Sometimes I wondering if she ever really sleeps, but then I realize she never has bags under her eyes meaning she must get 8 hours of sleep a night. Very impressive!
Still, of all the wonderful things I've said about Laura I mostly have to thank her for being the first person to trust me with giving a seminar to a room full of teen girls and a sermon to a camp full of pre-teen girls. She was one of the first people who has ever believed in me as well as one of the only ones who did something about it. I'm so thankful for the relationship her and James share and for the beautiful journey God has ahead of them. Congratulations you two! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect pair.

1 comment:

  1. BG! my love. this brought tears to my eyes. I love you so much!
    Be sure of this, God is going to continue to use you in GREAT & MIGHTY WAYS! You're going to speak to thousands. I know that.
    You are a mighty warrior, don't you forget that.
    Love you so much!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete