Wednesday 24 October 2012

Dislikes


I finally got my PET scan today! It wasn’t bad at all. The worst part was getting an IV in my arm (which I should be use to by now but I’m not). After getting the IV I then got injected with a radioactive sugar and prayed to God that I would receive some amazing super power to save the world but… no such luck. After being injected with the sugar I got to lie back in a lazy chair for 45 mins and listen to music then go lie down on a table for 15 mins and go back and forth through a giant cylinder so that my PET scan could take place. I don’t know what the results are yet, I find out this Thursday, but I do know that I will most likely have another PET scan in the future, so although I’m nervous for the results, I’m not as nervous for the next scan.

Also! More good news! I did my shot to myself both yesterday and today. I have a dirty little secret about it but I’ll share it with the few of you that still read my blog. I’ve realized there’s only one way for me to get into the right mind to be able to inject myself with a needle and the way that I do this is by listening to “Monster” by Kanye, Nicki Minaj, and Jay-Z. This brilliant idea came to me through a friend and it never fails! I start playing the song, tell myself I’m a super secret agent in a life or death situation, wash my hands, swipe my tummy with the alcohol swab and then jab the needle in and inject myself with the liquid. So I’ve won this game two times this week. Yay me! And let’s be honest, if I hadn’t been able to poke myself after my pump up routine, then my mother would probably have had to do it for me so… it pretty much was a life or death situation. Thankfully I was able to do it so I won. Yay!

However, back to the PET scan, as I was lying down for approximately 60 mins I smelt something that I smell every single time I go to the hospital and every time I get a whiff of it I gag and get grossed out. I’m not fully sure what it is but I’m almost certain it’s the plastic/rubber part of IVs that stick out of your arm after you get injected with an IV. Whatever it is, I HATE THIS SMELL! While I lay there unable to stop thinking about this smell that I hate so much I realized that I’m a pretty easy going person. When it comes to doing stuff, eating stuff, or watching stuff I don’t REALLY mind what I do, eat, or watch. For just a few examples… (i) I don’t watch scary movies but if a friend invited me to watch a scary movie with them I would probably say “yes”, knowing very well I wouldn’t enjoy it one bit (ii) I don’t really like the outdoors, but if my friends were going camping I would probably join them knowing full well I wouldn’t enjoy it one bit and would probably be cold and wet the whole time (iii) I don’t like watching Drop Dead Diva anymore, but if Emily wanted to watch it with me I would say “yes” every time if it meant spending time with one of my besties (iii) and last but not least, my group of friends has the hardest time choosing where to go to eat because none of us mind eating anywhere, we love all food! So instead of one person deciding and everyone else agreeing we all just go around say, “I don’t mind, you choose!”
Anyhoo – back to the topic at hand. When I smelt that rubber/plastic smell I realized that there are some things I really don’t like and then I started asking myself what those things were. I then proceeded to make a list of the things I don’t like and have come to the conclusion that we should all make lists like this one! I found this exercise very freeing because it helped me reveal to myself (and probably others) what I really don’t like or don’t enjoy doing…. So here it goes… here is my list… and while you read it let’s just all remember that when you judge people you’re not loving them…
BG’s list of things she doesn’t like:
1. The smell of plastic on IVs
2. When people don’t know the difference between a vinaigrette based salad dressing and a creamy salad dressing
3. food that looks savory but is actually sweet (for example: cakes or cupcakes that look like burgers; candy in the shape of pizza or hot dogs; gingerbread men [the last one was a cannibalism joke]. To all the foods I’ve listed and the ones I missed, please make up your mind! Either be a burger or be a cupcake! You can’t be both!)
4. When girls have backpacks AND purses – choose one or the other!
5. Any sad movie
6. Any movie that seems happy the whole way through until one of the main characters dies at the end. Those movies need to be told lying is a sin
7. Every girl that Christopher Nolan has ever casted to play Rachel in Batman
8. When my family members re-arrange my house to vacuum and then don’t re-arrange anything back, leave the vacuum out, and leave the house.
9. When you’re stuck in traffic and a zombie apocalypse doesn’t break out
10. People who don’t recycle.
11. Papayas
12. Popcorn (yet I buy it and eat it at the movies every time I go)
13. *NOTE: this is the thing I like least in the world -- adult things that are disguised as though meant for kids (ex. "Nightmare before Christmas" movie, Emily Strange clothes, Hello Kitty, "Coraline", etc. etc. creepy adult things... this includes anything Tim Burton has ever been a part of) 
Therefore, the following picture is a representation of my potential worst nightmare...



So there you have it. My list of 13 things I don’t like and probably never will. I’m sure there’s more but these were the things I’ve been thinking about lately. Make your own list! Free yourself from these things and when your friends want to go out and eat papayas, come to the realization that it’s okay to say, “no, because I don’t like papayas”. If they don’t stick with you after that, then they’re not true friends to begin with. 

1 comment:

  1. If you don't like the way we vacuum, maybe you should try doing it yourself sometime... even just once...

    ReplyDelete