Wednesday 9 January 2013

fast-friendly guacamole.

Okay let me cut to the chase. There isn't a lot of good tasting food while doing the Daniel fast. However you're fasting, so you're not really suppose to be enjoying yourself with fancy vegan foods anyway! You're suppose to be denying yourself these small luxuries in order to get deeper with God. Still, when I'm really on the verge of quitting the fast, this guacamole recipe is one of the things that gets me through the day and even sometimes causes me to forget that I'm in the middle of a fast. Hopefully it can do something lovely for you in your heart and stomach too.

fast friendly guacamole recipe.

two avocados mushed
half a tomato diced
two green onion sticks chopped
small handful of fresh cilantro chopped finely
a tablespoon of olive oil
juice from one lime
sprinkle of cayenne spice
dash of salt
black pepper (amount dependant on preference)

I like to mush up the avocado then chop everything up and put it all in a bowl with the mushed avocado then mix it up and eat it up. Sorry there's no pictures but I definitely gobbled that up almost instantly. Also, feel free to play with the recipe because I'm personally not a huge fan of oregano but other people also like to add that to it.

Happy fasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment