Friday 17 May 2013

Sombrio roadies

This is the summer of roadtrips for me. I have vowed with a number of different people to travel the island throughout the summer in a number of different roadtrips and also even make a roadtrip down to Disneyland!

Last Saturday was the first of these exciting roadtrips; and the secret destination was to... Sombrio! I went with my beautiful friends Betsy, Morgan, and Emily. The three of us went to celebrate Betsy's birthday because BETSY IS THE BEST AND WE LOVE HER!!!! We started our journey by driving up the #14 highway until we finally hit Sombrio. Googlemaps told me it would be about 1h21min drive but it was almost a 2 hour drive, we didn't mind though because it was a lovely drive with lovely company. (Although be warned if you get motion sickness be sure to sit in the front!)

Upon arriving at Sombrio we walked through the wood-chip trail that looked like a scene out of Twilight and found ourselves on the rocky beach that is Sombrio. When scoping the different beaches online I had heard that there was a waterfall at Sombrio but every time I go to find one of these outdoor "tourist attractions" it seems as though you have to cross a mountain, river, and valley to get there. However, this is magically not the case with Sombrio! Also, Sombrio has not one but two waterfalls. The first waterfall easy enough to get to because it is a small walk up the beach and a small walk up a river. The other waterfall, however, is a slightly bigger walk up the beach, which really is not a big deal at all, and a half-mountain that you have to scale in order to see it. Still, it was worth it. If you don't believe me you can either check out my pictures or pump your car full of gas, call up some friends, and make the trip yourself -- I promise it's worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment